Haven’t you protected your data on the Internet yet? It’s high time to install a VPN then!
Today team-gizka.org is going to cover Tuxler VPN. This VPN service has a completely free version and provides its customers with a lot of useful features. Got interested? Let’s start then!
First, have a look at what information about Tuxler VPN, we’ve found out for you:
- How it is free
- How privacy is achieved by the service
- What protocols are applied for transferring data
- How personal information is encrypted
- What operating systems the app is compatible with
- What server locations are offered by the provider free of charge
- Installation process
What are the main advantages and disadvantages of Tuxler VPN?
Stay with us and you’ll learn a lot of useful information about the provider.
There are two versions of Tuxler VPN: 100% free version and premium version. The free plan of Tuxler VPN offers regular speeds, unlimited connection, 70,000 fresh IPs every month. However, access to locations and location changes are limited.
It’s noted on the official site of the provider that Tuxler VPN collects the following data:
- Website activity;
- Device and browser information;
- Contact information;
- Account information;
- Customer service information;
- Financial Information;
- Third party information.
Let’s see why Tuxler VPN saves your data.
It is explained on their official website that the service needs such information for preventing potential fraud, contacting you via e-mail, providing customer support and others.
Tuxler VPN provides customers with information about the common VPN protocols. However, it doesn’t give any further details about what exactly protocols it uses. Tuxler VPN mentions PPTP, SSTP and L2TP protocols, but it isn’t clear if the provider uses them or not.
Tuxler is a community-powered VPN. It uses End-to-end encryption (E2EE). It means that Tuxler works by giving its customers access to the IPs of other users.
The service claims that such encryption is one of the most secure methods to encrypt the information.
End-to-end encryption is able to prevent eavesdropping as the data is sent to a secret and secure tunnel. It’s impossible to decipher your information because every party must know the encryption key.
Tuxler VPN runs as an extension with any browser on Windows and Mac. It’s dead easy to get Tuxler VPN on your device. We’ve downloaded the app from the official website and set it up on Google Chrome. The extension configured well and without any issues.
We’ve had already mentioned that Tuxler is a community-powered VPN. Its customers share their resources. That’s why the service can offer a big number of servers worldwide, covering every possible location.
However, it’s clear that the free version of Tuxler limits location changes. Moreover, you will be restricted on the number of servers with the free version of Tuxler VPN.
The process of installation is easy enough even for not a technically-advanced user. Let’s have a look at how we’ve got the provider on Google Chrome.
1. Visit the official website of Tuxler VPN. On the main page, you’ll find a big button “Download Tuxler for FREE”. Click it.
2. The website will redirect you to Chrome Web Store. Here you are just to click “To install”.
3. Then you have to install Tuxler app on your computer. Click “Install Tuxler app”.
4. Find the following file on the left below your screen. Tap it and the installation begins.
5. As soon as the installation process finishes, find the icon of Tuxler extension on the bottom right corner of the browser. Tap it to connect to a server.
6. As you can see below, we’ve successfully connected to the server in Ghana.
The process is not very complicated. We should say even intuitive and easy. However, the main disadvantage of Tuxler VPN connection is that sometimes it takes too much time to find a server.
Advantages and disadvantages of Tuxler VPN
We’ve provided you with detailed information about Tuxler VPN. Let’s sum it up and see if Tuxler extension worth using or not.
+ It is easy to set up and use.
+ The extension works well on many browsers.
+ The VPN is completely free of charge.
+ Tuxler allows you to unblock restricted content from every country.
+ Tuxler app doesn’t contain any viruses.
– The provider collects too much sensitive data.
– It’s not clear what protocol Tuxler VPN uses.
– In spite of the fact that Tuxler VPN can unblock restricted websites, the speeds are too slow to enjoy your favourite shows online.
– It takes too much time until the VPN connects to a server.
– Tuxler VPN offers a poor level of customer service.
We’ve found the same number of pros and cons. However, the fact that the provider collects so much users’ information crosses out all advantages of the service.
When a person is looking for a VPN, he or she wants to hide his or her information from spying eyes, but not to reveal it to third-parties. If you are a user who takes his security and privacy on the Internet seriously, you’ll never put your personal information at risk while using Tuxler VPN on your browser.
What’s your opinion on the topic? Don’t hesitate to share your point of view! We’re looking forward to reading it. Good luck!